Oh, there ain't no rest for the wicked

When I received my first PS3 as a graduation gift from my parents, Borderlands GOTY was the very first game I played and finished which included every DLC and the 2nd playthrough. Claptrap, is the most memorable character I've ever encountered in any game and I enjoyed every single bit of his annoying voice.

When I heard Borderlands 2 was in development I was excited to get my hands on the game as soon as it was released. Sadly several months ago, my dorm room was ransacked and my PS3 and other electronic gadgets I owned were stolen. Eventually though, just last Christmas; being the spoiled kid that I am, my parents bought me a new PS3 along with another Borderlands GOTY AND Borderlands 2! (sadly no DLC since they were not aware of it at the time)

Which brings us to this project of mine, my very own Interplanetary Ninja Assassin CL4P-TP! I searched for a method that could allow me to get a hold of Claptrap, but I couldn't quite get it to work. So instead through the power of Googling, found myself a readily available 3D model online. Worked with the model for the past couple of days, using various references online to get the model as accurate as possible. In the process I noticed subtle differences from the actual in game Claptrap and the cut-scenes for him as well. I won't go so much into detail about it, but here's an example:
The above image came from the Borderlands Claptrap web-series. Comparing that footage along with the actual in game Claptrap model for Borderlands and Borderlands 2, there's a huge difference. Obviously, went ahead and used the web-series as my reference and...... taaaadaaaa!
I gotta admit that I was having serious issues trying to figure out Metasequoia and Sketchup, it's been such a long time now since I handled those programs I literally had no idea what I was doing. I'll most likely be able to finish the template over the weekend and start on the build this coming week.

That would be all for now. I need to practice building some small models before I tackle this head-on.

0 comments:

 
Copyright 2009-2010 Paper and Glue
Design by BloggerThemes