Moogle-Palooza: Momo


Well, you guessed it! Exams are pretty much over, got home before lunch and just laid back relaxed for the first time since last week. It'll be another 2 mons or so before finals again, so I have until then to slack off and care less about anything else. Let alone studying... hahaha!

I also took the time today to create a 2nd blog, called Assembly Line. Rather than posting here every time I have something new to play around with and making a mess of the place, the new blog would simply serve as my update page. So, if you're slightly interested in seeing some WIP models, that's a place to go. Paper and Glue will now be, my release page.

Having exams over and done with is not the only reason why I'm celebrating today. Here's why:


When I started this blog and made my first release, being LeBlanc, I thought no one would care about my models, but that right there... shows that at least there are some individuals taking their time to actually look at my models and to even download them. It wouldn't bother me if only 1% of those who downloaded the models would actually build them. That's alright, it's still gratifying either way.

So, to celebrate 6,000+ downloads of the "crap" that I've been releasing, here's a little somethin special for y'all (which also makes it my 5th release to date):
My first Moogle, from Final Fantasy XII. There's not much to pose on him other than tilt his head to the side, move his arms a bit... and that's it. It's the "cleanup" process that was the real pain in the butt. Eventually got it the way I wanted him to look like and just started building like crazy this morning.

So, as for the scale.... yeah, he's going to be the base for all the Moogles that I do intend to build. Kaizo suggested that I try the entire Moogle Family from FFXII, and that actually interested me quite a bit, instead of building just 1 Moogle. Building them all would take up quite some space, so I had to try to scale him smaller than Illidan. This was a test for me, and I believe I succeeded in doing so.

Anyway, enough of the chatter... you're here for the model not my blabbering!

FFXII Moogle

So, enjoy everyone... and once more thanks for downloading my stuff! Good luck!

Oh, btw... here's my own personal version of the Moogle... I'm calling him Momo. Sure, he has a cute name, but he makes up for it with the gear he's carrying!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is quite possible the best papercraft i've seen all day! :D

Mr. K said...

Holy fucking balls dude, that was fast. I haven't even tried playing with any of my FFXII models yet.

aOsI said...

Very good job.

I love it, please make the whole family

But the model looks better with the details of the weapons. Could you upload them to mediafire?
Y. .. What is the size in height of this model?
Thank you very much

Fezco said...

@Anon: Thank you. Although, there could be other models even better than Momo, he just happens to be the model you saw today.

@Kaizo: I spent the remainder of Saturday night cleaning up Momo, and then Sunday morning giving him a decent pose. Plus, as I said.. I'm amazed at how detailed the models are, simply because of the textures. You seriously need to find the time to get working on your models man, once you start, it gets really exciting that you can't help but finish it all in one sitting!

@aOsl: Thanks. I'll definitely work on the entire Moogle Family, not sure which one will be next though. As for Momo's gear, well as I said, he's my personal version so I'd like to keep him rather unique. So, sorry to say, I won't be releasing the added details I gave Momo.

Unknown said...

wow, I mean... WOW!!! this moogle looks amazing! I just recently started printing and working on papercraft (a little katamari prince, mojo from Chrono Cross and the guys of team fortress) will I be able to do this one? it'll be my Everest, thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful work!

Fezco said...

Thank you, I always try my best whenever I build a model.

Well, I can't really say for sure if you'll have an easy time building my Moogle. I arranged the parts as neatly and organized as possible to lessen frustrations. However, it would still depend on your level of skill and patience.

I'd suggest you hold off from building the Moogle, you may need to gain more experience in building other models before attempting him. If you still want to try, then go ahead, there's no best teacher than learning from experience.

I wish you luck!

 
Copyright 2009-2010 Paper and Glue
Design by BloggerThemes